Question
Posted by: Prince | 2004/11/03

Lower Back Pain - Can a Chiro help or do I rest ?

I am having lower back pain on the lower right side of my back for a week now. I was doing some exercise the previous week. A Tae Bo video to be exact. I've been doing this exercise for about a week prior to when the pain started. Last week the pain started the day after a exercise session. I could'nt bend forward and the pain is the worst when I lay in bed and role from one side to another. The pain is only there when I do certain movements.

I have been reading some articles on the web about this type of pain and it looks like, even thow you go to the chiropractor, the pain normally resolve itself within 2 to 6 weeks. I was thinking of going to a chiro, but will it be a waste of money if my back will fix itself after a few weeks, or do you think it will be fix immediately ?

Please give me some advice if I can do a type of exercise to fix this problem, or do you think I play it safe an lay low for a few weeks, or do you advice me to go and see a chiro ?

Please help ?

Expert ImageChiroDoc

If there is an actual problem, it would be advisable to consult a chiropractor as soon as possible. A delay could influence the length of time and number of treatments to recovery.