Question
Posted by: Stan | 2008/01/22

Lower back pain

Hi Doc,

I am expereincing terrible back pain in my lower right region of my back. I only get it at night and wake up due to the pain. It is a sharp, shooting pain just above the pelvic bone. I do only have one kidney and if memory serves me right it is on the left side. I do not have any other symptoms although after going back to sleep I normally wake with my entire back aching.
Hope you can help?

Dear Stan
Although it sounds like a muscle related pain, I think you should at least have your urine tested at your doctor as this could be a sign of a kidney stone (unless you are sure it is on the side you don’t have a kidney!) Your GP will be able to evaluate and see if you need x/rays of your back or physio or just medication.

3
Posted by: Anna | 2009/05/07

i bended down busy with laundry,and i could not stand straight,on the other hand i suffer from fibroids i am 41yrs and wanting a baby

Reply to Anna
Posted by: Paul | 2008/09/11

I' ve got severe lower back pain, when I sit still it doesn' t pain but as soon as I start moving it' s terrible, I' t takes me a couple of minutes to stand up strait because of this pain, what can I do and what is causing this problem?

Reply to Paul
Posted by: Sarah | 2008/07/23

< br> I live in the middle east and have just found out that I have early degenrative arthropathy of the lower spine. Please could you send me more information and what I can do to alleviate the pain?

Reply to Sarah