Question
Posted by: cecii | 2007/08/07

LOWER BACK PAIN

Dear Doc, I have a pain in my lower back, it is not there when I walk, only When I sit down for a long time or lie or sit sideways it seems to be to more to the side of my spine both sides sometimes, more than on the spine itself and also goes down my leg and hip area the back of the leg. However I do not have any pain if I lie down completely. Sometimes I have to stand up and bend forward when my back feels stiff and uncomfortable and I hear/feel a sort of a thud sound maybe someone else would say a click, but it is more a hard thud as if something has moved into place then it also feels better.Please if possible can you tell me what it may be . Thank you very much.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

You need to have your lumbar spine and pelvis x/rayed and then consult a chiropractor. There seems to be an unstable area causing a degree of irritation on a lower nerve root.