Question
Posted by: Sharon | 2008/01/13

lower back ache with numbness down leg

I have had this before but managed to get rid of it. I have slight lower back pain with numbness down the legs specially the right leg and at night when I try to sleep my legs become numb. There also seems to be tenderness in the lop leg joint. Sometimes the numbness is to the knee and sometimes down to the ankle. Physio does not seem to help so I was wondering if I should go to a Chiropractor. Please advise
Sharon

Expert ImageChiroDoc

There does seem to be some irritation/pressure on a spinal nerve. Chiropractic care is a good option - a chiropractor will examine you and do some orthopaedic and neurological tests to determine whether or not you may benefit from such care. If not, you will be referred to an appropriate specialist.