Question
Posted by: Bibi | 2005/11/29

Lower Back

In November 1999 I had a discectomy of the L5/S1 disk. I've never had any problems with my back since. I've recently started a new job which entails me picking up heavy boxes etc. The space is very limited and doesn't always allow the correct movement/posture for picking up those boxes. I know that the Orthopaedic Surgeon at the time told me that I had TWO slipped discs. Recently my back started aching again, specially when I wake up in the morning.
I have no intention of going for another op, but was really wondering... is ANOTHER discectomy possible?
What is better, a fusion or discectomy? I'm always bragging about how much better a discectomy is, from my own experience, but I might be totally wrong!!!

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Bibi
in the long run a discectomy is better and yes anothet discectomy is possible but your OS would be the best one to speak to about this
Pea