Question
Posted by: Niki | 2008/02/04

Lower Bach Ache

I am suffering with sever lower back ache. This has been going on for a few weeks. It is worse when I try to sit down after walking or if I get up from a sitting position. I feel like my back is stiff. I have cervical spondylosis but my neck is not sore at the moment. I also have a bit of fishy vaginal odour. What could this be?

Dear Niki
The most common cause of backache is mechanical backache due to muscle spasm. Physiotherapy will help for this. The fishy vaginal odour could be caused due to a Trichomonas infection and you would need antibiotic prescribed by your doctor.