Question
Posted by: Candi | 2007/02/12

Lower Abdominal Pains

On saterday was my ovulation date. Everything went well but afterwards i started having terible abdominal pains. So bad that it was difficult to get out of bed. I am still having the pains but not that bad. Any advise

Dear Candi

It is quite common to have the mid-cycle ovulation pains and occasionally the pain appears to be prolonged due to the formation of a corpus luteal cyst, which is also normal. I would suggest that you use simple analgesics such as paracetamol (panado etc) to alleviate the pain. Should you be trying to conceive I would advise that you avoid anti-inflammatories as this may interfere with implantation and the chances of conception.