Question
Posted by: Marianna | 2004/01/10

Lower abdominal pain duing exercise

Am 8 weeks pregnant. Am v.fit, train 6 days a week. But a couple of hours agoI was doing a training session, and suddenly experienced severe lower abdominal cramps. Am leaving for the airport in a few hours to go on holiday. Could it be serious??

Hi marianna

I really hope that it is not serious, but I really can't say whether or not it is. Only a medical examination would confirm this, and I really hope that you have had this done. I realise that this reply may have come a little late for you, but hopefully you will be able to see a doctor on holiday, and if not, certainly when you arrive back home. I think it is serious enough to see a doctor just to be sure. There are of course risks with pregnancy, but considering that you are fit and have been training, hopefully this was just a once-off event and will not have any consequences. Again, I can't say whether or not this is the case, unfortunately.

I hope that you are able to get good news on this one.