Posted by: Anon | 2008/09/12

lower abdominal pain

The other night during sex I experienced a sharp pain in the lower, right side of my abdomen, right by my hip bone. I have been with the same partner for over a year and have never felt anything like this before. This pain has not gone away (and we have not had sex since) although it is very mild. Any idea what it could be?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageSexologist

Sorry about the delay in response - I was awaiting a response from a medical colleague in SASHA. His response was that you needs to see his GP; that is could be muscle strain or an infection (e.g. in your vas deferens) in which case you would need urine tests etc.

If the pain returns, definately get it checked out, however, if it feels to be easing, then maybe it was a muscular/tendon thing. If it's not too painful in other positions, use these to rest the area and see what happens...

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.