Question
Posted by: shelley | 2007/06/25

Lower Abdominal Pain

Please could you assist me. I have been suffering from lower abdominal pain for approximatley a year and a half. I have twins who are 4 1/2. I have been through the entire doctor/gynae/gastroentorologist etc etc route to no avail. I am currently undergoing tests for gluten/wheat intolerance to see if this is the cause. However I was curious to know if it could be muscles in my lower abdominal area that could have been damaged or did not knit together again - or heaven knowns what when i had the ceasar and during my pregnancy. I find that if I excert my self by getting up and down or sitting with my legs up on the couch and then try to walk i am in awful pain. Any suggestions?
thanks
Shelley

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Shelley. You need a diagnosis. Your problem may be an abdominal muscle injury but it may also be a host of other causes that could be responsible. Pilates instructors teach and correct movement, they don't diagnose. It sounds like you must be fed up with the medical model (join the club) - but try to find a good diagnostician, maybe a physician on referral from a friend or family member. Be prepared to do some searching and perhaps get several diagnoses before YOU decide which course of action take.

This should not be too difficult and it is your responsibility, not the doctors'. You might begin with medpages.co.za which is public directory for finding practitioners - search for physicians in your area.

1
Posted by: JDSA | 2007/07/28

Have you been to a physio?

Reply to JDSA