Question
Posted by: Tina | 2007/12/13

Lower Abdomen Pain

Hello
There is another posting with the same symptoms but with no helpful response. I have been experiencing lower abdomen pains when I exercise, like period cramps although I am not having my period, these cramps last for about 10 minutes when I stop and then don't repeat themselves in the day. It's only when I exercise.
What can the cause of this be?

Hallo Tina
You may have a rare condition called pelvic muscle tension syndrome - the muscles of the pelvic floor goes into spasm and pain is triggered by exercise. Some patients may have pain when having sex, sitting or hard surfaces or walking. It is often associated with previous injury, operations, endometriosis or irritable bowel syndrome. Physiotherapy is the treatment of choice.