Posted by: Frustrated Husband | 2008/09/08

Low Testoserome??

For a few years now I have had a problem getting hard or staying hard when I am with my wife. I went to a urologist and had a physical and he said that I have mold low testoserome but that it is in the normal range just on the low side so he wouldnt prescribe treatment. All the docs just want to give me ed meds but these are both expensive and I would like to not have to plan our sex life. Is there anything I can do or someone else to see that will take my problem seriously. It is so bad that my wife is losing interest in me because she doesn' t know if it is going to work or not.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageSexologist

It sounds as if you know what you want but have not yet found a solution that satisfies you. If you are really concerned about your testosterone level - then by all means have another test and get a second opinion. If this test comes back normal, and I'm assuming other tests for things like diabetes and cardiovascular concerns will have been excluded, then it looks as if you are okay physically.

Given the available evidence to date, this then would lead us to look at issues of a more psychological nature. For example, the apparent necessity for you to have an erection to show interest in your wife. Whilst many people have this mindset, it sets up tremendous anxiety when 'performance' is under threat. This in turn results in a physiological state that will work against the natural flow of your sexual response (you will be watching to see if it's 'hard enough' or if you're going to 'loose it', rather than relaxing and enjoying the sensations).

Our bodies may also communicate something about how we are feeling in general or in our relationship - so if by any chance you feel unhappy or powerless (?emasculated for example) in other arenas, this may play itself out in the bed and your sexual response. Sounds weird, but many men experience such difficulties.

There are professionals who will take you seriously, why don't you contact the SASHA Helpline (0860 100 262) to obtain a referral to someone in your locality.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: taylor | 2009/05/14

sorry if i didnt spell that right, im a 17 yr old male, i have a really deep voice but im 5' 7 134lbs and im not the biggest guy in the pants, i have a 7 in penis but only 4.6 girth, my questions is does a deep voice really mean you have high testoserome and does testoserome makeyour penis grow?

Reply to taylor

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.