Question
Posted by: HK | 2005/12/12

LOW SPERM COUNT

What are the benefits of using Folic Acid, Zinc, Vitamin E, Angus Cactus (wife), Flax Seed Oil etc.
I know these are good vitamins for TTC and I have read on this site abount Stamino Gro. Is this vitamin sufficient t replace all the above or what can I take to improve sperm count and morphology in one tablet

Dear HK

I am sorry for the delayed response. HECTIC time of year !!

All the mentioned substances are of benefit to sperm production and will improve fertility in cases where there is a nutritive deficiency.
In addition, there are some medications such as PROVIRON, which is medically shown to have advantages in better quality sperm production.
In some cases, the use of clomiphene citrate(CLOMID and generics) as well a drug called NOLVADEX may be of benefit, but this best decided by a uroligist.

Unfortunately there is no single product that will encompass all the drugs mentioned above, and therefore it is my advise that you use supplements that are readily available in conjunction with others to improve sperm quality. It is important to note that while most of these substances will improve sperm production and sperm count, the situation with sperm morphology is more complex and will not improve despite supplementation. Serious abnormaities in sperm morphology may require advanced repoductive techniques