Question
Posted by: HK | 2005/12/12

LOW SPERM COUNT

My question on 5/12/2005 refers.

When I did a sperm test on 2/6/04, my results were as follows. Sperm count = 145; Normal sperm = 3.60; Morphology normal = 8%.
On 6/5/05, my results were, Sperm count = 24.00; Normal sperm = 0.36; Morphology normal = 9%.

In the circumstances, what would you suggest I do or do not do in order to improve my sperm count as well as my morphology in TTC.

Dear HK

The results that you are presenting are not of a very severe nature. In a fair percentage of cases these results are compatible with natural conception. If sperm motility; ie movement of sperm is not comprimised in any way ,than I suggest that limited assisted reproduction is necessary in the form of IUI to speed up the fertility process.