Question
Posted by: margaret | 2004/01/13

low seratonin levels

Hello doc...my son of 33 has been over working and getting depressed. He has also been very moody and having mood changes. Today he went to the doctor and has been given medication because his 'serotonin levels are low' . Isn't that something that affects the brain and can be inducive to mood changes. He apppears to be having serious mood changes. eg one day he tells his wife he doesn't love her anymore......then he says he does....then he says he doesn't know! Please help!

Margaret, it’s a very safe and effective drug for increasing serotonin levels. Let me know if you have more questions. Good luck.