Question
Posted by: Ridoo | 2004/10/26

Low Progesterone Pregnancy

My doctor diagnosed my sister in law with low progesterone. He says she can't travel for 6 weeks. Her folks stay 150kms from her home. She would like to go and spend this time with them. Can she travel(road travel)?

It would be a question of weighing up the risks. To be on the safe side, it is probably better for her not to travel till later in the pregnancy.

2
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/10/27

I had the same problem and used cyclogest as described by Purple, but my medical aid did pay for them -so I believe you should contact the gynae first and ask if she should use them or not, otherwise get a second opinion. They are quite expensive at R200 for 20 but ofcourse, there is no price on a child.
I would get a second opinion and suggest that she rather do not do any travelling.

Reply to Kippie
Posted by: Purple | 2004/10/27

Your sister should be having cyclogest pessaries. Medical Aid won't pay for them, as they are often used in fertility treatment, she could try writing a motivating letter though.

Reply to Purple