Question
Posted by: Palm J | 2007/08/18

Low platelet count

Dear Natural Doc

I am a 65 year old female. A few months ago, I was diagnosed with low platelet count (chronic thrombocytopenia).
I have high blood, angina and diabetes.

I was put on medication, but am not responding to treatment.
I was told that my spleen need to be removed.

My platelet count is only 21 instead of 140 (x 1 000 000).

Are there any natural meds that can assist.

Expert ImageNatural health

Dear Palm

Melatonin 20mg can possibly assist you.

Research :Lissoni, P., et al. The pineal hormone melatonin in hematology and its potential efficacy in the treatment of thrombocytopenia. Recenti Prog Med. 87:582-585, 1996.
Summar · Human study demonstrated the ability of melatonin (20 mg per day administered in the evening for two months) to normalize platelet number in patients with lowered platelet count (thombocytopenia).

Dr Debbie