Question
Posted by: Sandy | 2007/07/13

LOW PLACENTA

I went for my first scan yesterday and the doctor who did the ultra sound said Ihad a low placenta. Please can you tell me more about a low placenta. What causes it.

It is pretty normal under 24 weeks. It really depends when you had the scan.

1
Posted by: H | 2007/07/13

There is nothing that causes it, and nothing you can do to change it. All it is that the placenta might be in the way if you wanted to give birth naturally and therefor coming out before the baby which is not good. So woman with placenta privia mostly end up having c section but as you are still in early days you might find that the placenta will move as the baby grows, it did in my case at 22 weeks it was no longer a concern . Some woman also experience bleeding but I didn't.

Reply to H