Question
Posted by: Angie | 2003/01/25

low muscle tone

I have a toddler of 28 months - I have taken him to physiotherapists for tests, and they told me that he has low muscle tone. Could you give some sites to research - any research material on this. Where do I begin to help him and what are the knows symptoms.

Angie, low muscle tone is a very general term that doesn’t say how severe it is. If it is a mild case you should see an occupational therapist, but if it is severe, you will have to see your paediatrician (seldom necessary). As far as sites are concerned – I don’t know of any specific sites, but librarian’s index (www.lli.org) is a good search engine to use. Good luck.