Question
Posted by: Worried | 2007/04/03

Low lying placenta

During my 20 week scan the doctor mentioned that I have got a low lying placenta which is quite close to my cervix. He mentioned that the placenta might join onto my cervix but that this is not always the case. Can you please explain a bit more about this. Should I worry about it? He said I must take it slow. I am currently not doing any exercise as I simply don't have the energy for it.

At 20 weeks, about 15% of women have a low-lying placenta. The majority of these will move, so I don't think that you need worry at the moment.