Question
Posted by: Libido concern | 2003/12/04

Low libido & Triphasal

Dear Gynaedoc

Please advise whether Triphasal can have a negative effect on one's libido. I have been taking it for 7 yrs & seem to have a very low libido, i know things seem to wind down with age but i am only 31. This is causing strain on my relationship, so i am trying to eliminate all possibilities to correct the problem.

Thank you for your advice.

The Pill can decrease libido. If you have had no problems for 7 years and have only recently experienced the decrease in libido, it is probably not related to the Pill and you should look for another cause.

3
Posted by: K | 2003/12/05

I have been on the injection for 7 years and it messed up by libido totally it definately affected my relationship I am taking proviron at the moment which should increase my libidio on the other hand i heard that taking the pill should sort out my problem what shall we do, good luck i know how you feel.

Reply to K
Posted by: Thanks | 2003/12/05

Thank you for your feedback, much appreciated.

Reply to Thanks
Posted by: mj_globe | 2003/12/04

i don't know much about a solution for your problem but i do know that being on the pill or the injection does affect your libido.

Reply to mj_globe