Question
Posted by: sassy | 2006/07/20

low LH

hi doc. bld tests on day 2 of cycle indicate only LH is low. i'm off da pill for 18 months and have pco and endo. had lapscope. was on clomid and iui (3x), no sucess.want to take a break from taking meds b4 trying again.In the interim, is there anyway to regulate LH?wat causes low LH?
ps. thyroid tests are normal.

Dear Sassy

The low LH is actually a good parameter to have on day 2 of the cycle. Of greater importance however is to have the FSH level, which would indicate indirectly, the ovarian reserves at present. In PCO patients, one would expect a high LH to FSH ratio, although this is not always the case.
Therefore I would be interested in seeing the FSH level as well as the Lh level on day 2 to be able to be of more assitance to you. If the FSH level exceeds 8 than this would indicate some degree of ovarian reistance and certainly, should the FSh level be above 15, than I would be concerned regarding the response I would expect from ovarion stimulation (ovulation induction).