Posted by: Leola | 2004/02/13

Low income frustration

I am a lady of 27 years and married with a man aged 30. I've got a serious financial problem and i will appreciate your help. we got married 4 yrs ago and now we have a daughter of 22 months old. We bought a house just after we got married and my husband bought a new just before our wedding. He earns +- 15 000 pm and I only earn 3600.00 pm. We do share the responsibilities i.e He pays the car, rates, groceries, his clothes, the helper, isurance, one policy and half of the bond and I pay medical care, clothes for me and the baby, groceries for the baby, study loan, one policy and half of the bond. I am a career woman and I've been trying to find a new better paying job. The main problem is that my husband is pressurising to get a new job and he thinks I can't manage my finances. I have tried several times to show him my monthly budget but he doesn't even want to take a look on them. We communicate very well but when it comes to finances he is unwilling to communicate. Please help me.

Thanks for your time.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageArchive

Hi Leola

Unfortunately your request is outside of the scope of this forum.

Some pointers though: Finances are one of the biggest challenges in any relationship, particular where the one party earns substantially more than the other party, as in your case. It is critical that you can find a councellor or good friends to talk through the concerns and issues thay you face. You seem to carry a disproprotionate amount of the expenditure relative to the money you earn (even though you would have a bigger burden if you were alone). The big questions you have to ask yourself include Do you like your job? Does it give you the flexibility to look after baby when required? Do you earn enough to do the things you want to? Are you putting an unfair burden on your partner?

I wish you both well.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: kelsey | 2004/05/11

Why do you say low income frustration between the two of you I would call you guys wealthy!!

Reply to kelsey
Posted by: JTEE | 2004/02/18

My suggestion would be to register your CV with an employment agency. This is the 1st step to finding a new job as most corporates only appoint staff through employment agencies.

Reply to JTEE

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.