Question
Posted by: Liefie | 2007/04/10

Low GI programs

Hi.
Your recommendation is 1500 calories, however my dietician has given me a 1000 cal program. I am currently on a low GI eating plan. What are your thoughts around this program?

Dear Liefie
You don't provide much info, so it is difficult for me to judge why the dietitian has put you on a 1000 cal programme. You may need to lose a larger amount of weight, be less physically active, etc. As regards the low-GI diet, I think it is an excellent way of eating if you want to lose weight or have any related problems like hypoglycaemia, insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome, etc. Give the diet a chance and let's see how much you lose.