Question
Posted by: Cheesy | 2006/07/26

Low fat feta & olive oil

Is it ok (weight wise) to have low fat feta on salads, as toppings on food. I have this 3-4 times a week, probably about a quarter disk per time. I don't have alot of other dairy products, besides low fat milk on cereal.
also what is considered a portion of olive oil on a salad, is a tablespoon ok?

Dear Cheesy
You can certainly eat Feta cheese as a source of calcium on salads, etc, esp if you use the low-fat version. If you are making a whole bowl of salad then about 1 tablespoon of olive oil would be necessary, but generally speaking a portion of oil is 1 teaspoon.
Enjoy