Posted by: Honey | 2008/01/22


Dear Doc, my husband's triglycerides are very high although it came down from 14 to 6. Could you kindly give me some guidance regarding a diet for him and what should be eliminated from his diet completely. He is 39 years old and slightly overweight (10kgs). Thanks

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDietDoc

Dear Honey
If your husband's triglycerides (TGs) are elevated then he needs to use a low-fat diet that does not contain any processed starches or sugars as it is the highly refined carbs that are implicated in raised TGs. I think it would be wise to consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), who will assist you with a low-fat, low-refined carb diet as this is quite tricky to work out on your own. The dietitian will also help your hubby to lose weight.
Best regards

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.