Question
Posted by: Concerned middie | 2004/02/09

low dosage HRT to control hot flushes

Was on Activelle HRT medication for 2 years. Stopped taking them when discovered polyp in ovary which was removed. ?Did not wish to remain on HRT after op but experienced severe hot flushes and night sweats. Suffered for 3 months and tried all sosrts of soya and natural herbal remedies but nothing helped. Contacted gynae who suggested I return to Activelle. Have been back on them for 3 months and have had spotting which I presumed was normal. However, in 4th month have started a proper period and am concerned as to cause. I was going along so nicely and am now a bit scared as to what it could mean

You should probably have it checked by your gynaecologist, though in all likelihood it is normal.