Question
Posted by: stressed | 2007/07/20

low CD4 count

Im 27 living with my fiancee (29) he told me last night that he went to check up his CD4 count and was 215 which is not good my problem is that I want to have a baby with him(hes got a 12yr old son previous relationship) but now I need to know what are my chances of being pregnant.Im more than ready to be a Mom please help me I cannot stand it(if I will be told I cant have a baby)

I think the HIv forum could most help you. If his HIV problem is not in good control, there may be good reasons not to decide to try to fall pregnant by him, including the fact that this by definition would require unsafe sex and risk your also becoming infected ( and a child needs parents ) --- I don't think the CD4 count would necessarily affect his fertility. So isn't the main question the wisdom of wanting to become pregnant by him at this time, rather than whether it is possible ?

4
Posted by: shame | 2007/07/20

stressed - i hope your boyfriend had a very good reason to check his CD4 count! If he didn't tell you that he is hiv positive you can have him arrested. People just don't go out of their way to check their CD4... think about it

Reply to shame
Posted by: lolo | 2007/07/20

are u HIV positive too?

Reply to lolo
Posted by: Paul | 2007/07/20

Sperm count or CD4 count?

CD4 has something to do with HIV.

Reply to Paul
Posted by: nono | 2007/07/20

please can you post this to HIV peer forum.

Reply to nono