Question
Posted by: AMANDA | 2005/07/05

LOW BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS

Hello Doc

I would like to know if you have been diagnosed via a blood test that your blood sugar levels are very low, is it normal to feel very tired and dizzy and also feel nausia(occationally), and what can I do to feel better, I had a underactive tyriod as well, but for the last 6 months the levels has normalised according to the blood test done.

Thank you amanda

Amanda, the symptoms you suffer from may fit in with low blood sugar. Mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za and I’ll send you something I wrote on the subject. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Joanne | 2005/07/06

eat more protein in the morning, i'm having a smoothie with yoghurt, milk, a handful of bran and a banana all chucked in - try eggs if you can

keep glucose powder around and drink some in water

though some say you cannot be like this unless you are diabetic - but my level is normally around 2-3 and when it "shoots" to 7 I feel odd, but for others it is normal - i even get diabetic breath when it is a normal persons reading

Reply to Joanne