Question
Posted by: PAULA | 2008/01/08

LOW BLOOD SUGAR

what is low blood sugar and what should be avoided. My child is 13 years old weighs 49 kgs. She experiences dizzy spells quite frequently.

The other problem would be regular (3x a day) nose bleeds

Are the two linked?

Hallo Paula
I think your child should see a doctor - she needs blood tests for iron levels, hemoglobin level, fasting blood sugar and coagulation factors. Dizzy spells can be caused by low blood pressure, low iron levels, anemia and low bloodsugar (although this would give her sweating and tremors). The bleeding nose could also just be due to a weak vein in the nose septum that can be cauterized in the doctors office.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: pamela | 2008/01/30

my 10 year old daughter has noticed tiny brown / black spots on her tongue. these spots are not paimfull. its only on the tip of her tongue.

Reply to pamela