Question
Posted by: Melanie | 2008/01/04

low blood sugar

HI Doc
I have recently been through a stressful time in my life - a move to another province, changing jobs etc.
For two weeks I have been feeling very shaky, faint, breaking out in sweats, very tired. I have a mild headache everyday on waking up.
We have diabetes in my family - aunt, gran, cousins. Yesterday i had a glucose test and the sister told me my sugar is low - it was 3 and I also have low blood pressure.

She told me to take Vit B and gave me info on diet - low GI foods etc, eat small and often.

With my family history of diabetes I am a bit worried. What advice can you give me Thank you

Melanie

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

There can be a multitude of reasons for your symptoms and therefore, I suggest that you consult your GP, in order for him/her to do the necessary tests and to make a diagnosis.

Kind regards