Question
Posted by: Zero | 2004/09/21

Low blood sugar

I suffer from low blood sugar these days, so much so that I have been to a dietician.. She gave me a diet which I follow very closely as well as a 'chromium' supplement which I take twice a day. Problem is that my blood sugar has not yet stabilised, and it has been more than two months already.. Can you maybe suggest a different supplement, or eating plan? Will Spirulina work? I want to stay as far away from real chemicals if possible..

Dear Zero
If you are eating a diet which is based on foods with a low glycaemic index which are also high in dietary fibre and are eating 6 small meals a day, then I would recommend that you have a medical checkup to determine exactly what is causing this low blood sugar and if there are no other complicating factors. If you have simple hypoglycaemia then 2 months on the diet and the chromium supplements should have stabilised the condition to a certain extent. In the meanwhile continue with the diet and the chromium. I would not change anything just yet, first have that checkup.
Take care

1
Posted by: Mads | 2004/09/21

Chromium GTF is well known to help normalize blood sugar levels, thus reducing sugar cravings between meals and preventing sudden drops in energy. But now there is more! Studies suggest that chromium may cause weight loss, reduce fat and increase muscle mass. And as an extra bonus, chromium may have a role in the maintenance of bone density and prevention of osteoporosis.
This is just one of the ingredients in Herbalife. Try it! Visit newdietco.com/mad4jt for more info...

Reply to Mads