Question
Posted by: JACKIE | 2006/11/06

LOW BLOOD PRESURE

MY CHILD IS 12 YEARS OLD AND COMPLAIN N BOUT HEADACES. I CHECK HES BLOOD PRESURE AND ITS VERY LOW, WAT CAN I DO

Expert ImageTeen expert

Given the medical content of your question and the age of your child please post your question to our Paediatrician here at Health24. Thank you

4
Posted by: G-Dad | 2006/11/07

I had low blood presure all my life, you should be glad he does not suffer from high blood presure, he might outlive most of hie piers, low blood presure should not result in head ache, low blood presure will cause singing or hissing ear sounds, dizzyness when sitting on knees and suddenly get up, if he experience head ache then their might be another problem..

Low blood sugar, stay away from bar-one it make it worse, go on a high protien diet, specially breakfast must be high in protiens, like fish, eggs or even meat, 2.8 blood sugar is a bit on the low side, it will cause him to feel weak and drowsy most of the time, after 14H00 he will feel drained and it will effect his consentration levels as well.

A good dose of multi vitamen and high protien diet is the answer, add a lot of fibre to his diet as well it will keep the sugar for longer periods in the tummy causing a slow release of sugar in the blood stream keeping the supply of suger constant preventing the pancreas to work overtime.

Reply to G-Dad
Posted by: jackie | 2006/11/07

thank you for the advice. i took my boy to the dockter this morning and his blood presure was fine but wat thy did findout thet his suger is 2.8 and the docter said to keep him n why from sugar, and sweets your one coment was yesterday was to give him n barone do you stil feel the same our do you have any ather adwise thank you

jackie

Reply to jackie
Posted by: ... | 2006/11/06

i forgot to mention buy a bar one just to lift the sugar levels up but do take your child asap

Reply to ...
Posted by: ... | 2006/11/06

i suggest you take your 12 year old to your doctor immediately, and your doctor will be able to make an assesment.

Reply to ...