Posted by: Cyndi | 2008/10/22

Low Blood Pressure, shld i be concerened

I have recently (over two weeks now) been feeling dizzy. I went to the doctor who tells me that he is concerned as i have low blood pressure and has taken a series of blood works. Now im waiting. Please could someone advise as to what i could be looking for, what could be the cause of low blood pressure and how concerend should i be? I do eat breakfast every morning and quite sure that my sugar levels are fine. I am dizzy throughout the day not just in the morning or when i stand up, and still after i have eaten. I would really appreciate the help with regards to this matter.
Thanks Cyndi

Dear Cyndi
Low blood pressure is not a dangerous condition, it is however uncomfortable. It can be due to the way your sympathetic nerve system work ( hereditary) or due to the heat. There are medications one can use for this. I think he wants to ensure that there are no underlying hormonal or kidney problems first.