Question
Posted by: Essie | 2008/07/21

Low blood pressure

I suffer from low blood pressure and have bad headaches because of this. the doctor prescribed Effertil once a day, but after using it continuously for 1 month I suddenly developed a tremor and had the shakes like cold fever. As soon as I stopped the Effertil, the shakes disappeared, but the low blood pressure is back - sometimes as low as 80/50 and even 60/40. I feel very sick when my blood pressure is so low. Any other medication that I could use, or even any natural product to help me? Why do i get the shakes when using Effertil?
Essie

Expert ImagePharmacist

E,

This is a known side effect of ethylephrine, the active ingredient of Effortil, which is a stimulant. There are some homeopathic drops/tabs which may help. Ask at one of your larger pharmacies whith a settled homeopathic section for advice