Question
Posted by: Nunu | 2008/05/22

Low blood pressure

I would like to know about low blood pressure, when is it too low medically? what natural ways are there to up your blood pressure, and when is medication needed?

Ive always had relatively low blood pressure, the last couple of years it stayed around 90-100/50-65.
but occasionally, and more often recently it drops to the low 80s over high 30s, yesterday for example it measured at 83/39.

I measured this at the gym, so it could be wrong but, a couple of weeks ago I had about the same measurement taken by a paramedic at a cycle race.

I get dizzy sometimes, especially when I stand up, and struggle to get out of bed in the morning.

please help.

nunu

Dear Nunu
Normal blood pressure is 120/80. When it goes below 110 above and 70 below you may feel dizzy and tired and then you can use something like Effortil PL if you don't have any heart diseases. Low blood pressure is normally not dangerous but can make you feel bad.

3
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/01

I used to have high blood pressure 140 over 80, but somehow it gradually dropped to 111 over 67. I am a woman aged 63. What can be the reason

Posted by: Shirley | 2009/02/18

Have been advised that Effortil and other medication has been discontinued. What can one do if no medication available?

Reply to Shirley
Posted by: juanita | 2009/01/20

I feel very dissy, tired and my eyes are scratching - also dark circles under my eyes, (I do have low blood pressure from time to time). Is there something that you can recommend?

thanks

Reply to juanita