Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2006/04/13

Low blood pressure

My blood pressure in the morning is 90/70 and sometimes you can even read it, my pulse drops from 84 to 56 is this bad and what should i do

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Lisa,

Yes, your BP is rather low, but what is more important is whether or not you have any symptoms as a result of this. Also, if your BP and pulse rate rise with exercise and then normalise again soon after stopping, your system is reacting normally.

Caffeine containing drinks (Ceylon tea, coffee, cola etc) can give your BP a temporary boost, and will raise your pulse rate.

However, as long as your BP and pulse rate cause you no problems, there is no reason to worry.

HeartDoc.