Question
Posted by: elsie | 2005/07/07

low blood pressure

I have always had very low blood pressure. Recently I've been checking it at the gym before i excercise and it's usually around 100 over 10. But it goes much lower than that - 90 over 60 for instance. A friend who has high blood pressure problems told me that if the second number goes below 60 it is dangerous. Is he right? I feel fine!

Elsie, if the reading showed 100 over 10, the machine is broken. 90/60 is low, but it is not dangerous if it has always been like that and you don’t feel tired, sweaty or dizzy. It might of course be due to something like anaemia and that is why the best would be to see your doctor and make sure that everything is OK. Good luck.

1
Posted by: JM | 2005/07/08

Elsie,

I don't understand your first reading 100 / 10? Perhaps 100/100 ?

If you feel fine, there's nothing to worry about. My bp if taken at the gym is usually also about 90/70, 70/50,85/55 and I am still alive and kicking. I am not sure about this but if your second reading are at 40 then it's time to worry becoz you can go into a coma.

Reply to JM