Question
Posted by: Joelle | 2003/02/20

Low blood pressure

My husband is a paramedic and has been monitoring my blood pressue as I have been feeling extremely tired. For the last few days it has ranged from 105/70 to 95/50. I know its supposed to be about 120/80. I am otherwise very healthy. I am 32 years old, 1.72 m and weigh 63 kg. What can I do to sort this out. I hate feeling like this.

Joelle, you have to make sure that it’s not due to a systemic problem like anaemia or something more serious – a visit to your GP should sort that out. You can then try taking something like Akrinor® or Effortil® to get the blood pressure up. They’re both safe drugs, but fairly expensive. Good luck.