Question
Posted by: Carly | 2004/12/20

Loving your best friend

Does anyone have great advice on your to fall out of love with your best friend?
You see I've known him for seven years and have recently realised that I love him (as more than a friend), but he doesn't feel the same way about me. I see him every weekend because we're in a clique of 7 really close friends - we've all known each other for years now.
So, how do you get over your best friend?

,,,,,

5
Posted by: Tash | 2004/12/21

Hi Carly

How do u know that he dosent feel the same. Have u discussed this with him...u never know girl. Maybe hangout alone with him some time and see how he reacts

Reply to Tash
Posted by: Cool Aid | 2004/12/21

Hi all

I have been in this situation for the past 7 years, all I can say is that its extremely difficult. But as resilient as we are as human beings, we get used to it and learn to live with it. The results however was that remain very best friends and love each other more than anything. Its the best relationship I have with anyone, luckily for me those feelings are reciprocated but due to circumstance cannot be exercised.

My friend and I love each other dearly in more ways than one, and I wouldnt change what he have for anything in teh world.

So, to be inlove with your best friend is not a bad thing at all.

CA

Reply to Cool Aid
Posted by: JJ | 2004/12/20

Hi Carly,

I think the quickest (but not the best) way is to exchange one strong emotion for another – you could pick a huge fight and then end up disliking or hating him.
But a better way is to get emotionally stronger until you can turn a taking love (where you need to have someone) into a giving love, where you are happy for whatever is the best for him, if it includes you or not. Having a best friend that you love as a person is great – they are a wonderful support system and it could last for the rest of your life.

Reply to JJ
Posted by: sweetcakes | 2004/12/20

i honestly think that it takes alot to fall out of love and i wish you luck in this situation...
one of my close friends fell in love with me, don't know what he did or if he still is, we still are friends though!

Reply to sweetcakes
Posted by: Rat | 2004/12/20

When you get that answer will you please let me know as well !! as I am in a similar position !!

Reply to Rat