Question
Posted by: Dude | 2004/11/23

love2meet

Online datin is debatin the aspect of romance…

if u go out in life and get something then u have accomplished by supplying urself with the goods u desire…

join a datin site and look 4 Miss/Mr Right… find someone, go out and get along… what on earth could b wrong ….

A world of technology and that aspect has found its way into another facet of our humanity…

I would find it uncomfortable to answer the question… how did u guys meet?

Were is the romance in technology… are we so dispersed over this geographical topology… or maybe the social norm of society, secluded and deluded … don’t know my neighbors… they don’t ask me 4 favors..

where does one go, join a book club or start a sport… Miss/Mr Right will be at the coarse half past nine… and u know those boys at the club got more than a dime… or log onto the internet and search 4 fat cat… whatever u want… fit and trim, lean and non smoker please… finding a mate on the internet is done with ease…

So are we lazy or tired… r we on the verge of givin up or is it desperation, r we lonely and need some human stimulation… r we broken and looking 4 fix… r we lacking social places were we can mix…

Or is it an embrace of a different race that can use technology beyond the work place to meet u and me?

Anyways I’m not sure anymore… romance might stick around or bolt 4 the door… but what social impact has technology had on our social lives… getting into our love lives… and can we still find it romantic…

Yes… jonny… dad and I met on the internet?

Cheers
Dude

OK, jonny, so dad and I met on the internet --- is that much worse that "OK Jonny, dad and I met at a pub when we were both too drunk to see straight ? Is that really more romantic ?

6
Posted by: cassidy | 2004/11/23

SORRY !!!! (L.O.L) i posted this twice.

Reply to cassidy
Posted by: cassidy | 2004/11/23

My husband & I also met on the internet, back when it was not so popular, now everyone meets on the internet, it's become a norm, so I guess times change, things move so fast, and before you know it you're in love and married. It worked for us, i'd say if you're thinking of it , go for it just remember to trust your instincts.

Reply to cassidy
Posted by: cassidy | 2004/11/23

Reply to cassidy
Posted by: Kay | 2004/11/23

Dude..

I met my husband though the net - cant believe it actually happened!!!! We were just both very busy people - me with one 3 year old at home - not wanting to do the dating thing, didnt want to introduce my child to different people all the time - specially men. So I got onto MSN and joined a South African chat room - we spoke for about 7 months and then there was a meeting - about 40 people - and we met - were friends for a long time and it grew from there. I'm grateful coz I'm sure I'd still be that child engrossed single mom if I hadnt taken the step to at least communicate with other people.

Reply to Kay
Posted by: Lucia | 2004/11/23

It's a sign of the times Dude - just a sign of the times.......change is here to stay........sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad......

Reply to Lucia
Posted by: louise | 2004/11/23

Doesn't really sound romantic when you put it that way. Does work though. I think we're into fast food, drive thru, instant, 2-minute, etc. "Normal" socialising just takes too long I suspect.

Personally, romantic still does it for me.

Reply to louise