Question
Posted by: Drew | 2004/11/16

Love or Lust

How do you know you love someone, and that it isnt just lust???
I think I love my boyfriend soooo much it hurts, I will give my life for him, when he isnt around I miss him so much, when he is late and he hasnt let me know yet, after an hour I start to panic. When I hear his voice I feel excited and knowing that I will see him later is worth everything gone bad during the day. Spending time with him, just hearing him breath next to me at night is pure bliss. Is this what love is?? I am just wondering as this is my first relationship, and I always heard you get a butterfly feeling in your tummy, but I never got that (only when I was nervous).

,,,,,

7
Posted by: Drew | 2004/11/16

Thank You HS.

Reply to Drew
Posted by: HS | 2004/11/16

Oh my Goodness! Drew, you're brought such a smile to my face, you lucky chic!
I really hope you treaure this time with him - it sounds like he treaures you too. And that, my friend, is rare to find in this world.
May you have a magnificent wonderful incredible everlasting love with this man!!!!
Crikey, I've got goose-bumps.

Reply to HS
Posted by: Drew | 2004/11/16

We have been going out now for 7 months and he has been hurt very much in the past but last week he told my mom the same as what I just said, that he will give up his life for me, he is there to protect me and he loves me very very much, but its very hard for him to say it because of all his past relationships. He had a very deep conversation with my mom and he asked her to tell me how much he loves me and how much he wants to take care of me and always want to be there, then he stood up just as I walked in and came to me and said what my mom is going to tell me now is the honest truth and it comes from his heart and I know how difficult it is for him to tell me how much he loves me, he said if he had to tell me he will end up crying and just thinking of it brought tears in his eyes(first time I saw him actually crying)
I know that he has tremendous respect for me and he will hurt ANYBODY who so much as touches me, yet he is not possesive, and he is not the type to say I love you every time we speak.

Reply to Drew
Posted by: lulu | 2004/11/16

You definitly love him. How long have you been together? To KEEP feeling this way is what distinguishes love and lust for me.

Not to put a damper on your bliss, just be careful that you don't get overly dependent on him. If he feels the way you do, you have a match made in heaven, but if he doesn't, he might feel smothered by your total devotion.

My grandmother was a wise old witch. She used to tell me that I should marry someone who loves me more than I do him. I think I got it right this time. (o;

Reply to lulu
Posted by: Mona | 2004/11/16

Defenately sounds like love!! When you will do absolutely anything to keep that special person safe, protected and happy. If some sexy hunk in a shocking pink g-string comes along and you feel Gee, i gotta have his bones - well that is lust!

Reply to Mona
Posted by: Inc | 2004/11/16

Sounds like love to me...

Reply to Inc
Posted by: Q | 2004/11/16

YOUR SECOND SENTANCE SAYS IT ALL WHEN YOU ARE PRPARED TO DO THAT THEN YOU LOVE THE BIBLE SAYS THAT THERE IS NO GREATER LOVE THAN THAT!!! dONT WAST IT GOOD LUCK IT ONLY HAPPENS BUT ONCE IN A LIVE TIME!

Reply to Q