Question
Posted by: confuzzled | 2004/10/26

love of my life?

I have this huge dilemma! Well its a huge dilemma to me anyhow. There's this guy I've known for like 8 years, and he's pretty much been in love with me for a large part of that time (its completely obvious and we've spoken about it before). I have this weird feeling about him, not like with every other guy i know. Its not like i have this attraction to him that makes my knees go weak etc, but in the same token I think of going out with him and it just doesnt feel right.....yet I know hed make me happy and treat me like a queen! Am i just in denial? Do i really love him but i just cant face it, am I denying it, trying to run from it? I dunno! I'm son confused, I've been trying to figure this out for years! We went out for 2 days a few years ago, but it didnt feel right, I dont know why.....it's all very strange. I dont know what to do or think!

,,,,,

2
Posted by: straycat | 2004/10/26

Maybe you are just struggling with commitment, obviously 8 years is long time.. and you are thinking what now! ... For him to make you weak at the knees, certainly ses something about your feeling towards him... I think you need to establish whether you want to be happy, or juggle confusion .. I dont think you should let the situation linger on too much.. Only you can tell him what you want, be it, a relationship, or a friendship..

G.Bless

Reply to straycat
Posted by: tee | 2004/10/26

Hi confuzzled,
If it does not feel 'right' then he is not the guy for you.
I was in exactly the same situation 20 years ago that you are in now. The guy treated me like a queen for years and years, I also knew he was in love with me but I did not love him back, only as a freind. I also thought that maybe I was supressing my feelings for him.
One night we both had too much to drink and did the dirty deed, he fell more in love with me than ever and I felt disgusted with myself. I then turned ugly to try and push him away from me. We remained freinds for quite a while after that but it was not the same, it actually ruined a most beautiful freindship, and to this day I regret that I hurt him so badly.

Reply to tee