Question
Posted by: HELP | 2005/07/08

Love my best friend

I'm a 19yr old gay male. My best fried, 17, is also gay. I'm very attracted to him, and i've told him. He says he dosnt want to mess up our friendship by dating, but i think he just dosnt feel the same way about me. As much as i would like to, I cant seem to over come my feelings for him... This really gets me down!

I would really appreciate a decent comment, and if you are here to criticise, please rather keep your opinion to yourself!!

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi there,

you maybe need to have an honest conversation with him as to whether he has feelings for you, or if he just wants to be friends. Friendships are really important in life and you need to consider whether losing him as a friend if a relationship didnt work out is a sacrifice you are prepared to make.

I know when you have strong feelings of attraction towards someone this is difficult, but if the two of you are open and honest with each other this will be easier in the long term.

2
Posted by: HELP | 2005/07/08

Dyl,

I do agree that a good friendship is hard to replace. I really appreciate your advice!

Reply to HELP
Posted by: Dyl | 2005/07/08

There is a big diference from loving a friend and loving a lover. i think you should accept that he does not want a relationship (for now) things may change in time. don't mess up a good friendship by trying to force your idea on him. if its meant to be, it will happen. just open yourself up to others who may be interested in you. just cause he isn't ready now doesn't mean that you can't find happiness elsewhere. i've found that a good friend is hard to replace.

Reply to Dyl