Question
Posted by: MIA | 2007/04/15

LOVE IS A STRANGE THING

My ex says he is still in love with me. I am very confused, my children are totally against this relationship. I do miss him and still see him around the flat, and thinking about things we used to do together.
This long weekend my one daughter and family visited and he stayed away, which was better, because I don't want any unpleasantness.
It is very hard because I don't want to hurt anyone.
At touching 60 I just want an exiting but peaseful life.

It sure is. what you want is entirely reasonable. You don't mention how long you two have been divorced. But if its been a long time, one wonders why now he hasstarted to miss you ; and if it was recent, and you feel love for him and he for you, one wonders why you didn't get into joint marriage counselling before deciding on a divorce

2
Posted by: MIA | 2007/04/16

Dear CS and Joy
Separated for 6 months. Wasn't married. Was abused through jealousy. Had a restraining order against him.
But can't help feeling sorry for him. Getting terrible headaches and anxiety.
Do you think I should see a shrink?

Reply to MIA
Posted by: Joy | 2007/04/16

Clearly there was something that drove the two of you apart and has been so impactful that your kids dont even want you to entertain him. Focus on those things and dont complicate your life unecessarily. Mabye remain friends with him, if that will suffice in filling the void you feel, but if, as you say, you just want a peaceful life, and he wont be contributing to the peacefullness, avoid a reunion at all costs.

Reply to Joy