Question
Posted by: missy | 2004/11/12

love handles....PLEASE HELP

I cosider myself a very healthy eater and not overweight but I cant seem to get rid of my love handles! Please give me some advise or some exercise I could do to help! Ive only got 3 weeks till December and I need that beach babe body!!!!

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Missy

Although you are not necessarily "overweight", your plan should probably be focused at "fat-loss" - so you want to lose some fat stores that are on your hips. This is mostly because you are female and the way females deposit fat is a little different to the way males do (around the belly).

First check with a Nutritionist that you really are eating well.
Don't fall into the trap of doing exercises with your hip muscles to lose fat on the hips (spot training is a myth). You should do a moderate intensity work-out (like walking, gym or Pilates if you choose) 3-5 days a week for about an hour.
It may be unreasonable to expect amazing results in 3 weeks but the sooner you start the better.

Pilates can certainly help you look better, move better and feel better.