Question
Posted by: Girl | 2003/02/19

Love handles

Im 27, no children. I lost 19 kg in the past 7 months, I spin 5 hours a week and do 120 sit-ups (60 with the ball between my legs). My problem is that I can not get rid of the "love handles" just above my bum and a bit on my hips. What type of excersise can I do ?? I am desperate!!

It seesm you are doing plenty of exercise. My only suggestion is to try to vary your cardiovascular exercise - why not spin 3 times a week and jog 2x per week for example. Tis is also good for your bones which require weight bearing exercise. For further ideas, I suggest you go to the home page and click on War on Wobbles and try this programme. Alos, perhaps chat to dietdoc about your eating habits - perhaps these can be adjusted. Nonetheless, congratulations on losing 19kg! This is excellent!!! All of us carry our weight differently and sometimes it IS VERY DIFFICULT to budge that last bit - but good luck!