Question
Posted by: Mandisa | 2005/12/15

Love at second sight?????

I met this guy at a certain do last October ( 2004)( We were in the same suite) We did not speak or anything but im sure we noticed each other even though we met for the first time. I left without making an effort to say hi or anything like that, He was with a guy friend and I was also with a guy friend of mine. It could also be that he thought the guy was my boyfriend bcos our eyes did lock several times but obviously it would have been rude to make contact while i was with someone. (But offcourse I don t know if he was interested or not and will probably never know). During that time i was thinking about him a lot and telling my friends about him but all they said is to give it up as obviously i dont have any contacts . Recently I saw him in a magazine with a certain guy I used to work with at a certain big company. Problem is this ex colleague was not really a friend or anything I used to see him at the canteen or just within the building. Have never spoken to him. I really need to hook up with him. Its been over a year and i dont know whats going on with me. I know who he is now and know he is not married. Is this usual????

It sounds as though you have been becoming a bit obsessed with this guy, who you actually haven't ever met, who doen't know who you are, and almost certainly can't have the feeling for you that you have been developing for him. This is not the basis for a good relationship, is it ? And as the guy you know who seems to know him ( they were merely standing together at a party, and might not even know each other ) isn't a good enough friend of yours for you to be able to ask him to find out if this other guy has any interest in you.
Maybe it's most wise to consider this as a bus that drove past before you reached the bus-stop. It may be a nice bus, but you're too late to catch it.