Question
Posted by: scorpio | 2007/06/01

loud people

There is this girl at work and she has been here for about 5 years. She thinks she is the CEO!! She always talks on the top of her voice, moans about how incompetent everybody is, screams across the division to someone who has made a mistake so everybody can hear and generally just thinks she is invaluable. The problem is, well it seems, that this is the type of person that gets ahead and gets noticed! I am so different to this. And feel like I am not getting anywhere. I am getting more dispondent by the day. What should I do?

Apparently an empty but well-oiled vessel. Have you spoken to others in the office about this ? How do they feel about it ?

3
Posted by: Britty | 2007/06/02

Are you scared of her? She sounds like a school bully to me. She may seem to get ahead to you but she is busy making enemies of people which one day may be her undoing. How about just plain old fashioned standing up for yourself ie when she screams at you about a mistake answer her back - don't scream at her but speak very firmly, politely and clearly - hopefully your boss will hear you as well. Maybe help the person she is abusing correct their mistake. You get people like this all over and from my own long working experience don't last too long in any job.

So you can stand up for yourself (in a nice way), complain to your boss who won't be impressed at your inability to handle your colleagues or put up with her nonsense until she leaves one day, your choice. Good luck and take care.

Reply to Britty
Posted by: RMC | 2007/06/01

and empty vessels that make the most noise!

Reply to RMC
Posted by: JP | 2007/06/01

Often it is the wheel that squeaks the hardest, that gets the most oil...

Reply to JP