Question
Posted by: Just me | 2006/11/10

Lou or Doc

Good Morning,

I was just wondering, i am now 10 weeks pregnant and i went for a scan at 6 weeks becos of bad cramps the night before, we could see the baby and that when we found the cyst. I went to see a gynea at 7 weeks and she told me to come back when i was 15 weeks for my next scan. All they did was check my urine, height and weight and my BP. I want to go for a scan on monday to see if baby has a heart beat and is moving and if everything is ok. What do you suggest. I am also showing at the moment is that normal this is my second child.

You can have another scan if you like but it may be better to wait till 13 weeks when you can have the nuchal scan if you want it.

1
Posted by: Lou | 2006/11/10

Its well within your rights to ask your gynae to do a scan at this point, you are paying after all, and its your right to put your mind at rest. If your gynae is not open to this then you need to look at changing gynaes. You do show a lot earlier with the second pregnancy because the tummy muscles are slacker.

Good luck and insist on that scan!

Reply to Lou